Saturday, April 5, 2014

Castle

Today I'm going to go with a lighter theme: a TV series! I'm doing this both because I think its a great show to watch and because I'm anticipating tomorrow's kind of harsh theme by posting a lighter theme today. As you probably have guessed, I'm going to encourage you to watch "Castle". I've been watching this show for 6 years now, and I love it! It's about a detective at the NYPD and a writer who are lead to work together, under the writer's pressure to the mayor of New York. The police detective's name is Kate Beckett and the writer's name is Richard Castle. There is a double story going on in the series. One that generally lasts an episode and that evolves around resolving a crime, and then a greater story about the main characters, that is more or less important depending on the episodes. There are many reasons why I love it. I like the actors, I like the main story-line, I like every episode's story, I like the music, I like the great reigning humor, the parts of great authenticity that makes it reachable, like Richard Castle's amazing moments of awkwardness, but also the somewhat crazy themes the series sometimes has, like people trying to become vampires by doing surgery and organizing Vampire nights where they drink blood etc, that I would never have known existed if it weren't for "Castle". Of course, there is also romance between the two protagonists keeping us in suspense as to whether they'll be together or not. But I think that what I like the most about it, since I always pay attention to these kind of features, is the fact that they both are heroes and non-heroes. they both have forces and weaknesses which make them good partners at work but in everyday life too. I like the fact that Kate Beckett is both very professional and successful, but at the same time very funny and feminine. And Richard Castle is a famous man who plays the Casanova while he's a romantic at heart and only longs for Kate's heart. He's brilliant too, so that there is not any sort of over-empowerment of any of the two characters. He also is a dad, but a mother hen kind of dad, which is both very lovable and very funny. As you can tell, I really am a fan of "Castle" for all the good feelings and ideas that are communicated. I hope I made you want to watch it because I'm sure you won't regret it! 


Have a great day, and keep your mind sharp!

No comments:

Post a Comment