Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Georgia O'Keeffe

Today I'd like to talk about something I haven't yet done, art, more precisely painting. I've encountered Georgia O'Keeffe about a year ago, and though I am generally not that drawn to paintings, hers stayed in my mind forever since. I don't know anything about painting, so I won't comment on how she paints, because I simply cannot. But what I do know is how much it fascinates me to see each and every of her paintings available on the Internet. I don't know what it is exactly, maybe the depth of the colours, and the many reflects, there always seems to be so much life in her works, and that's what generally makes me a little reserved about art, the lack of life, if it even exists in the artistic vocabulary... Georgia O'Keeffe is often considered as one of the women who made a space for women in art when, at the time, the only artists on the scene were men. 


Anyway, instead of rambling about things I don't know, I'll let you see a few of her works, and if you'd be interested to know a little more about her, here's a link to an article with her biography!

And her biography by the Georgia O'Keeffe museum:

And another article focusing more on her importance as a woman in a men's world:
http://www.womenwhochangedamerica.org/profile/georgia-okeefe/

A short documentary about her made by the Georgia O'Keeffe Museum:



There is also a recent movie by her name, which I intend to watch in the days to come, and if I like it I'll make a review of it soon.

Have a great day, and keep your mind sharp!
























No comments:

Post a Comment